Start a new topic

Copy Database URL does not include database name

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Not sure if this is a bug (maybe a feature request). When I do a `Database > Copy Database URL`, I expect the database name to be part of it. For the attached screenshot, I expect: Expected: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/information_schema Actual: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ Edited by: Geff Chang on Aug 11, 2013 10:06 AM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Copy Database URL does not include database name
Geff, Copy Database URL copies the JDBC URL used by the top level database connection. If you add for example information_schemas as the Database it will also show up in the copied URL. It is not possible to create a URL based on selection in the objects list. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

What do you mean by " it will also show up in the copied URL"? information_schema will also be in the URL? OR, the same top-level URL "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/" is copied?

Geff, Copy Database URL copies the JDBC URL as used by the database connection including any database being specified in that URL (check the database connection setup tab). It does not create a URL based on what you have selected. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I see. I get it now. I need to fill-in the database field if I wanted to include information_schema in the URL as well. Seems unintuitive to me though.

Geff, Will fix in next version so that Copy Database URL is only enabled if the current selection only consists of database connection objects. Regards Roger

Geff, This is now fixed in the just released 91.2044 version. Regards Roger

Hi Geff, In the just released DbVisualizer 9.1, Copy Database URL is only enabled if the current selection only consists of database connection objects. Best Regards, Hans