Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.0.0.8 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

A new early access version of DbVisualizer has now been published. + This is mainly a bug fix version. Detailed information and download: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap/index.html Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.0.0.8 is now available
Ronald, Please try the following to see if the performance is better: [nobr] [pre] SELECT T.OWNER, T.TABLE_NAME, C.COMMENTS FROM SYS.ALL_TABLES T LEFT OUTER JOIN SYS.ALL_TAB_COMMENTS C ON ( T.OWNER = c.OWNER ) AND ( T.TABLE_NAME = C.TABLE_NAME ) WHERE T.TABLE_NAME = 'B10_ND_ENBU' AND T.OWNER = 'MVS_OWN' [/pre] [/nobr] Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, that individual query was sub second. I can try to create a simple table in that same 9207 database tomorrow, no problem. What I observed was a complete unresponsiveness of the gui. When switching tasks the dbvis instance that had the DDL command running in it did not even refresh it's window. The query was already very quick ... Ronald.

Ronald, > Hi Roger, > 1) when can we expect triggers as child of the table > in the schema tree? We'll add this in the next version. > 2) a while ago we discussed the possibility to have > more options on output grids for selects coming from > the schema tree. One very nice option would be to > have a graph as output (for scheduler runtime > behaviour for example). Is this already possible? The > normal grid from the sqlcommander has (almost) all I > want. This is still on the todo. We need to re-design a bit in order to make this work generally. This re-design will most probably be part of 5.1 but I don't think the viewers will be adopted until 5.2. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I still think you should only show schema in the objects tree and not all users. In a little database this qry will be good enough: select username TABLE_SCHEM from ${#cp.SystemTablePrefix}_users where exists (select 'x' from sys.obj$ where user_id = owner# and type# != 5) union select 'PUBLIC' from dual In a database with thousands of users this takes 3 seconds and makes the schema browser usable. I hope it will do for most of us. The select username from dba_users takes half of the time but costs more than double the time when browsing. Ronald.

Ronald, We need to come up with a solution for conditional SQL's in the profiles in order to have this working properly. The reason I don't want to change the SQL right away is that I am not confident everybody will appreciate this change... Preferably I would like to have another Oracle specific database property ala. the ALL/SYS table setting. Then it is up to the user deciding whether all schemas/users (as currently) should appear or only those that really have objects. I have no schedule when this will happen but it is on the todo. Regards Roger

Hi Ronald, I agree with you here. I have been doing some testing on the queries myself. We have some 1000-1200 users in our database and the query to filter only schema is acceptable in our case. Showing all users is not much of added value. Regards, Benny

Maybe this is already fixed in 5.0.0.9 but in this release there is a little problem in the invalid objects tree in the schema tree for object type package body. No details are shown. For the rest it looks very good. thanks, Ronald.

Ugh... a fix was supposed to go into the 5.0.0.9 but it didn't. It is fixed in the next version. Regards Roger

When browsing in the invalid objects tree, the right hand pane titles look a bit messy when the object names are a bit longer and - for example with triggers - have their table_name written next to it. Ronald.

Ronald, Yes this is a known situation and the workaround that normally works is to resize the window (or move splitter) so that the text have enough space (not so hi-tech but it works :-) ) A minor fix is to make sure the object name is not on top of the Actions button when there is an overlap (it should be under the button). I'll look into it. Regards Roger