Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.0.0.12 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, A new early access version of DbVisualizer has been published. Highlights: * Create Function in PostgreSQL 8+ * DDL with Storage for tables in Oracle 9+ * bug fixes [b]Note: This is release candidate 1 for the next official 5.1 version. If you find a problem or bug, please report it![/b] Detailed information and download: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap/index.html Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.0.0.12 is now available
Good morning Roger, When walking through the object tree (Java Sources and Java Classes) I get a debug windows popping up: An error occured while executing the database request for: Oracle Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production Oracle JDBC driver 10.2.0.1.0 Short message: You probably don't have the required privileges to view this object. The command that caused the situation was: SELECT NVL(l.longname, s.object_name) "Name", s.created "Created", s.last_ddl_time "Last Modified", s.status "Status" FROM dba_objects s, javasnm l WHERE s.object_name = l.short(+) and s.object_type = 'JAVA SOURCE' AND s.owner = 'DBA_MONITOR' ORDER BY 1 Details: Type: java.sql.SQLException Error Code: 942 SQL State: 42000 Message: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist System Information: Product: DbVisualizer Personal 5.0.0.12 Build: #1158 (2006/09/29 01:19) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_07-b03 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 In 10g it is ok. In 9I there is a sys.javasnm$ table but with that table the query also has problems. regards, Ronald.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Ronald, We'll check this! Thanks for letting me know. Regards Roger

Ronald, Just tried with 9.2.0.1.0 and cannot repeat this problem. Are you saying that SYS.JAVASNM is not in your database? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yes. (was 9.2.0.7)

A minor error after hitting 'drop table' from the context menu in the schema tree I got: An error occured while executing the database request for: Oracle Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production Oracle JDBC driver 10.2.0.1.0 Short message: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended The command that caused the situation was: drop table "ME"."Z" cascade constraints purge Details: Type: java.sql.SQLException Error Code: 933 SQL State: 42000 Message: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended System Information: Product: DbVisualizer Personal 5.0.0.12 Build: #1158 (2006/09/29 01:19) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_07-b03 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 You can choose to this log to the system clipboard or it to a file.

Ronald, Ah, thanks! [b]purge[/b] is not supported in pre 10g versions. We'll make it conditional. Regards Roger

Roger, in the schema tree synonyms does not show the correct objects. It shows synonyms referencing objects of the schema, not the synonyms that the schema owns. (in both 1.104 and in my own version of oracle.xml). I have synonyms that reference objects in an other database, they are not shown. Ronald.

When canceling a pl/sql loop for the second time I get: at com.onseven.dbvis.M.C.access$500(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.M.C$A.construct(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.swing.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) the first time the cancel worked ok. The second time I got the debug popup. Ronald.

Ronald, You're right on this one. The intention was to show a mix of both own synonyms and schema objects defined as synonyms in other schemas. I am thinking of showing two tabs for Synonyms: - My Synonyms - Synonym'ed Objects The first shows the synonyms owned by the actual schema while the second one will show objects in the schema that are synonymed from other schemas. What do you think? Regards Roger

Roger, I think the first one - just the synonyms - and when possible the object_type, name, db_link_name it references is usefull. The second one shows dependencies of my objects but not very complete. Maybe a nicer option for this is to have this in the object_type leave[s] to show their dependencies: table x having columns,constraints,indexes,triggers and is referenced by a list of (owner,object_type, object_name[, db_link_name]) The same can be done for other object types in the schema tree. Also the reverse can be done ... the specified object depends on ... I would put the second option you specified in the dba tree, not in the normal schema tree. This would allow the dba to find scoping problems. On the other hand .. I have no idea how you should show that list. In the current database I work in, I have millions of synonyms ... (I don't want to accidentally show this list in one piece in dbVis) Conclusion: I vote for 'synonyms' to just show the synonyms and as much of the definition as possible. Also add the database links tree, at least in the dba tree showing all database links by owner. Ronald.

Ronald, > table x having columns,constraints,indexes,triggers > and is referenced by a list of (owner,object_type, > object_name[, db_link_name]) > The same can be done for other object types in the > schema tree. > Also the reverse can be done ... the specified object > depends on ... Dependency views are on the list. > I would put the second option you specified in the > dba tree, not in the normal schema tree. This would > allow the dba to find scoping problems. On the other > hand .. I have no idea how you should show that list. > In the current database I work in, I have millions of > synonyms ... (I don't want to accidentally show this > list in one piece in dbVis) Literally "millions"?! > Conclusion: I vote for 'synonyms' to just show the > synonyms and as much of the definition as possible. > Also add the database links tree, at least in the dba > tree showing all database links by owner. The reason I want two tabs is because the current listing shows a mix of own synonyms and synonyms pointing to own objects. Removing the ability to view synonyms pointing to "own" objects is probably not appreciated by everybody. In the long run I agree that an extended dependency probably replaces this. Regards Roger

Ronald, Can you give a more specific example what you are executing and possibly the full error dump you get? Regards Roger

You mean with the cancel. I have not been able to reproduce it :-( It did happen and did not look as designed. Next time I will try to catch it. (I hope it won't happen) R.

Ronald, Yes, it's the Stop error I mean. I'll await further details if it happen again. Regards Roger