Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.1.1.4 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, DbVisualizer 5.1.1.4 is now available for download in the early access section. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap [i]This version incorporates many internal changes that doesn't necessarily show in the user interface. We've made a lot of testing but still there may be defects that we're not aware of. Let us know if you find any![/i] (The users guide does not yet reflect the features in this early access version). Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Exception in Navigator
I get one step further this time... Select a table, go to Navigator tab, select a related table, exception occurs (reproducable): An internal error occured: Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException The error may have affected the application state. Please notify vendor. Stack Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.S.getValueAt(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JTable.getValueAt(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C.ă(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C$2$1.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboPopup$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboPopup$1.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.I.A.f.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Exception in Navigator
Hi Matt, I still connot reproduce this. Can you please enable debug before you click on the Navigator tab and capture the debug output for the whole sequence that leads to the exception? Also, does it still happen with both SQL Server 2000 and 2005? What DbVisualizer Tool Properties setting do you have for SQL Server in the Transaction category? Which look and feel do you run, and which operating system? Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

All debug options on, tested on SQL 2000 SP4 / WinXP Pro SP2:

Open DbVis, connect to local database server, expand database pubs,select table [titles], Navigator tab, Show Related Table [sales] -> exception.

Product:  DbVisualizer Personal 5.1.1.4
Build:  #1195 (2007/02/16 20:26)
Java VM:  Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Java Version:  1.5.0-b64
Java Vendor:  Sun Microsystems Inc.
OS Name:  Windows XP
OS Arch:  x86
OS Version:  5.1

Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.2039 (Intel X86)
    May  3 2005 23:18:38
    Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation
    Developer Edition on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 2)

SQLServer 2.2.0040

Current profile: sqlserver
Current facade: sqlserver

Pending transactions at disconnect: Ask
Look and Feel: Metal

Same issue with SQL 2005:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
JDBC Driver 1.1.1501.101

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.4 is now available
Hi Roger, The export functionality is still not working. See: http://www.minq.se/forum/message.jspa?messageID=6157#6157 Regards, Benny

Hi Matt, Thanks for the detailed reports. It turned out that this problem only occured with JDBC drivers that are not thread safe, such as the Microsoft driver. It will be fixed in the next EA, but until then you can try using the jTDS driver instead. Regards, Hans

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.4 is now available - monitoring
Hi Roger, the monitoring function works the same as in 5.1.1.3 (not). In 5.1.1.1 it works ok. Ronald.

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.4 is now available - monitoring
Ronald & Benny, The features currently not workiing are: - Creating a Monitor in the Data tab - Table edit in SQL Commander result sets - Data tab export Regards Roger

I also found that copy from the result set is more difficult. It used to work so that when I just clicked on a cell I could hit the copy shortcut and paste the result somewhere else. Now I have to doubleclick in that cell, even when I don't want to edit it. I prefer de former way because that worked so fine. Ronald.

Correct. Add this to my previous list of known problems. Regards Roger

Copy/Paste strange inconsistencies
If I try to copy from the data view of a table via keyboard shortcuts or the right-click menu, nothing is placed in the clipboard, either with or without a column header. I can however select a block of cells (contiguous or non-contiguous) in the data tab and drag/drop those cells into the where filter pane. This pastes the data there where I can copy it to the clipboard but it ignores my preference for using | as a column separator and simply uses TABs. The same thing happens if I drag/drop cells from the SQL Commander result set into the SQL Commander query pane. If I do a SELECT * FROM in the SQL Commander and try to copy without column header from the results it works but ignores my preference for using | as a column separator and simply uses TABs. However, if I copy it with a column header, it works fine. One final thing - I can copy non-contiguous rows into the clipboard from the results of the SQL commander but if I try in the data tab of a table, it tells me that the selection must be a contiguous block. Ideally, I should be able to copy non-contiguous blocks from anywhere.

Re: Copy/Paste strange inconsistencies
Hi eviloverlord, Thanks for reporting the problems with Copy/Paste and drag and drop. This will be fixed in the next release. Regards, Hans