Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 6.1.1.1 now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, DbVisualizer 6.1.1.1 (early access) is now available: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap Best Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DbVisualizer 6.1.1.1 now available

Should the 6.0.8 be installed first?  I am confused.

Re:
DbVisualizer 6.0.8 released
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 5:52 PM
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Alex, 6.1.1.1 is a separate download and require no other version. Just download, install and run. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Check for Updates does not work (see attached jpg)

Hi Alex, Thanks for reporting this. The file containing version information moved when we updated the website, and unfortunately the EA version points to its old location. We will put a copy back in the old location, hopefully later today. If you access the Internet through a proxy, also note that you need to specify the proxy in Tools Properties, in the Proxy Settings category under the General tab. Best Regards, Hans

When looking at the PL/SQL source code of a package in an Oracle database, dbvis adds a double qoute at the end of the first line. BTW: Do you prefer if problems are reported in the thread of the version or using individual threads? Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris, > {quote:title=Chris wrote:}{quote} > When looking at the PL/SQL source code of a package in an Oracle database, dbvis adds a double qoute at the end of the first line. I'm unable to reproduce this. Do you see it for all packages? Please run the following query to verify that the metadata for the the package is correct: SELECT o.OWNER, o.OBJECT_NAME, o.STATUS, s.TEXT FROM SYS.ALL_OBJECTS o, SYS.ALL_SOURCE s WHERE ( o.OWNER = s.OWNER AND o.OBJECT_NAME = s.NAME AND o.OBJECT_TYPE = s.TYPE ) AND s.TYPE = 'PACKAGE' AND o.OBJECT_NAME = '' > BTW: Do you prefer if problems are reported in the thread of the version or using individual threads? It would be best if you can start new threads. It makes it easier for us to keep track of the issues. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Hans I have seen that it only happens if the package name is quoted in the source. See the following example: PACKAGE "MY_PACKAGE" Is shown in the Package Specification Editor as: CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE MY_USER.MY_PACKAGE " The DDL generation for the package is working OK. I do not usually write code like this, but Oracle seems to change the code to this format upon expdp/impdp. It is not really a big issue anyway. Cheers, Chris ... I will create a separate thread next time :)

Hi Chris, Thanks for the additional info. I found the problem and it will be fixed in the next release. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Chris, This has been fixed in the 6.1.1.2 EA release: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap/ I would appreciate if you can verify that it works as it should now. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Hans, yes it does work! Thank you very much and best regards, Chris.