Start a new topic

table editor doesn't work correctly

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'am working on SuSE Linux 11.0 and have installed DBVisualizer 6.5.3. The table editor does not work correctly, e.g. i cannot edit the table name and the column names. Does anybody have similar effects? Thanks anyway.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: table editor doesn't work correctly
Thomas, This is now fixed in the 6.5.4 version. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/download/ Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi there, this workaround works fine for me. Great tool! See you ...

Hi, We're finally able to reproduce this and will look into it. The workaround is to press *Execute* in the actions dialog then press *No* in the confirmation dialog that appear. Once it disappear you are able to edit text fields... Note that this procedure must be repeated every time the actions dialog is displayed. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I have the same problem on Ubuntu, and here setting "-Dsun.java2d.opengl=false" is not working :-( Greetings, Urkman

Hi Roger, I have installed now: java -version java version "1.6.0_11" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_11-b03) Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 11.0-b16, mixed mode) I have set the option as you described below in the dbvis.vmoptions file. Result: GUI runs faster, table editor shows same result as before, but once the textfields got editable it runs OK. Thank you anyway, greetings from Murnau

Thomas, It seems that your experience is the same as discussed in this thread: http://www.minq.se/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=8638 What Java version are you using? If you are not using the latest 1.6.0_12 then I recommend you give it a try. If the problem persist try disable opengl rendering for Java by adding the following to the dbvis.vmoptions file: -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false Read more in: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/trouble/TSG-Desktop/html/java2d-props.html Best Regards Roger

Hi Hans, in this case i am working on a MySQL database: MySQL 5.0.51a MySQL-AB JDBC Driver mysql-connector-java-5.0.8 ( Revision: ${svn.Revision} ) I have full access to the database. I can create and alter using the SQL Commander. For example when I select in the treeview, right click on table item and then create table the edit fields are like disabled. ! But after about 30 sec this window editable, so it seems I am to power clicking! Using IBM lenovo T60 DualCore 2GB Ram. Sorry for my bavarian english. Greetings from Murnau am Staffelsee

Hi Thomas, I assume you're talking about the Alter Table action. This dialog is an interface for generating one or more ALTER TABLE statements, and only the changes that can be expressed with an ALTER TABLE statement for the database you are connected to are enabled in the GUI. What is enabled therefore depends on the database. In this case, it seems like there is no way to rename the table or the columns using the ALTER TABLE statement for your database. But mistakes happens. If you know that the table and columns can be renamed using ALTER TABLE, please let us know which database (including version) you are working with. Kind Regards, Hans