Start a new topic

700.1465 [EARLY ACCESS] - Table filter excludes all

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi, I have a simple table filter to exclude temporary tables, backups, etc. In this version, it excludes all tables. I've attatched the simplest version of the filter that still causes problems. If I change it to from an AND to an OR filter or if I remove all but 1 filter criteria it works fine. For reference, I'm running Windows XP and accessing a SQL Sever 2000 database via jTDS using SQL Server authentication. Regards, eviloverlord

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: 700.1465 [EARLY ACCESS] - Table filter excludes all
Vince, DbVisualizer 9.2 has just been released with completely redesigned object filtering support. http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.2&showtoc=false Regards Roger

Hi, We have on the future list to redesign the object view filter completely and will certainly have your comments in mind. Thanks! Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, It's worth mentioning for when you next alter the filters that the textbox you enter filter details into doesn't scroll once the filter exceeds it's length. It looks like the textbox is given a width the size of it's contents, which is fine for small filters but the width of the textbox should not be allowed to exceed the size of the leftmost pane (the tree/script pane). A futher problem is thar the icons to the right of the textbox don't show either as they're off the edge of the pane. Sorry if that's not clear - to replicate, type in a long filter (e.g. Name DeckTheHallsWithBoughsOfHollyFaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaTisTheSeasonToBeJollyFaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa) and then try to type something else at the end of the filter. The obvious workaround is to write long filters in a seperate text editor and paste them in if you want to be able to see the entire regex. Regards, eviloverlord

Hi, Great you found the workaround. The filtering feature need to be improved since it doesn't fully handle combinations of multiple AND/OR fields. The use of regex is currently the best workaround. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I've found a workaround in case anyone else is having similar issues. Instead of multiple filters e.g. for stored procedures: Name<>*_UPD And Name<>*_DEL And Name<>*_FET And Name<>*_INS Simply define a single filter like: Name<>*_UPD|*_DEL|*_FET|*_INS Or the even shorter: Name<>*_(UPD|DEL|FET|INS) That seems to produce the expected results. Regards, eviloverlord

Hi Roger It worked in 6.5.7 and previous versions. I've just confirmed it failing in 6.5.9 and 6.5.11. My actual table filter contains 10 such exclusions but is essentially the same as the shortened one I attached to the last message. I've confirmed the same bug occurs in 6.5.9 with stored procedure filters (I exclude *_UPD, *_FET, *_INS and *_DEL as they're all auto-generated from our development environment). Regards, eviloverlord

Hi, In what previous version did this filter definition work fine? Best Regards Roger