Start a new topic

700.1475 - Max Rows parameter functionality

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

With some databases the Max Rows parameter in SQL Commander will limit all queries including UPDATE, DELETE etc. This is technically not a bug since it is [documented|http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/7.0/doc/ug/sqlCommander/sqlCommander.html#mozTocId147826], but I find this behaviour very illogical and counter-intuitive. In my opinion, only fetching of result sets should be limited by Max Rows, like it says in the documentation: "The Max Rows field in the SQL Editor toolbar is used to control how many rows DbVisualizer will fetch for each result set." Tried on: DBVisualizer Eary Access 700.1475 MS SQL Server 2005 Express SQL Server (jTDS) driver (shipped with dbvis) Don't know which other databases are affected. Best regards, Ivan

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: 700.1475 - Max Rows parameter functionality
I also found a bug in your forums. :D Seems that long URLs are not handled very well. This is the link to the documentation for Max Rows: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/7.0/doc/ug/sqlCommander/sqlCommander.html#mozTocId147826 Notice the space in ".../ug/sqlComman der/..." part.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ivan, I agree that this is a bad behavior by SQL Server. We have this in our issue database and will try solve it specifically for SQL Server by simply ignore the Max Rows setting for any non SELECT statements. Best Regards Roger

Ivan, The forum link problem is a known issue. We are looking into upgrading the software and hopefully get it fixed. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, Same behavior is observed for Sybase ASE 12.5.4 ; even with +set rowcount 0+ override just before the DELETE command .

Hi Alex, Great timing. I fixed this yesterday for MS SQL Server and have now enabled the same fix for Sybase ASE. It will be included in the next maintenance release. Best Regards, Hans