Start a new topic

Keyboard shortcut not working for context menuitem Delete Row(s) on MacOSX

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

The keyboard shortcut for the context menuitem Edit Table Data -> Delete Row(s) does not work on MacOSX. May be due to the fact that Cmd+X is assigned to both menuitem Edit -> Cut in the menubar and to Edit Table Data -> Delete Row(s) in the context menu for a selected row in grid view.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Keyboard shortcut not working for context menuitem Delete Row(s) on Mac
Hi Tim, Thanks for your post. I just tried and for me Cmd+X works fine as long as I am not currently in editing mode of a value (which is by design). In what state do you experience Cmd+X not working properly? Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, It doesn't work for me. I have tried with both an Apple and an Accuratus PC keyboard (both UK keyboards) and neither work. I have tried on both of the EAP builds 1555 and 1560 with the same result. Also not working in 7.0.6 What I am doing is: (1) connect to a database and select a table in the navigator in the LH pane. The RH pane is in object view and shows me a table of the data. (2) select a row by clicking on the row number in the leftmost column (i.e. not any of the data columns) (3) type Cmd+X Nothing happened. Confirmed by clicking the Reload Current View toolbar button. However if I select the menuitem using the mouse then the function appears to work as that row becomes highlighted in red and the Save toolbar button becomes enabled.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Tim, Thanks for the details. There are a lot of combinations and to repeat the issue you experience I had to switch to the "Mac OS X Look & Feel". It works fine selecting a row by the row number column and then Cmd+X to delete mark it using all other look & feels... The current workaround is that you select the row by click in any of its cells and then Cmd+X. I will register a ticket for this. Regards Roger