Start a new topic

How do i configure to fetch from a row to other row?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi guys, I have a table to store 30 millions records, i can not display the data with amount of records, so how do i configure to fetch from a row to other row? Example: the first: i only load from 1 --> 10000 records, the seconds: from 10001 --> 20000... Please support me. Thanks.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: How do i configure to fetch from a row to other row?
Hi, Can you please clarify your inquiry? If you are looking for a way in the GUI to step through a result set with millions of rows then there is no such support in DbVisualizer. Give me some more details and I will guide you. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have a table to store 30 millions records, i can not display the data with amount of records, so how do i configure to fetch from a row to other row? Example: the first: i only load from 1 --> 10000 records, the seconds: from 10001 --> 20000... Please support me. Thanks. I understand what he mean. Also search answer for this question Lets say i have HUGE table for about 30 billion rows, i cannot export to SQL such big volumes i want to devide tables for example by 2 billion records and export it. so i will have 15 SQLs by 2 billion each. understand my point? how to manage this. SQL request like SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 0,2000000 DOES NOT WORK please help me how to write correctly! thanks

Elias, If you want to export a really big table either use one of Export Table or Export Schema features. You find Export Table for table objects in the Database Objects tab and Export Schema for schema or database objects. To export any type of result set as generated by a SELECT statement please check the @export client side command. The following example show how to export a table to file as SQL insert statements: @export on; @export set filename="C:\temp\exp.sql" format="sql"; select * from tab where orderdate > '1999-12-31'; Read more in: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/main/doc/ug/sqlCommander/sqlCommander.html#mozTocId448386 All of the data in the result set will be exported to a single file and it is currently not possible to divide the output in multiple files. In case you need multiple files, please check the documentation for the actual database how to fetch rows between a specified span. Then use the @export and selects in pairs to output the data to the specified file. Ex: @export on; @export set filename="C:\temp\exp1.sql" format="sql"; select * from tab ; @export set filename="C:\temp\exp2.sql" format="sql"; select * from tab ; @export set filename="C:\temp\exp3.sql" format="sql"; select * from tab ; I hope this helps. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

thank you for a very fast reply, will try it out. another question to you my friend, what is the fastest solution to export these pictures to the computer folder? what would you suggest? what way would you go? Thanks a lot

Hi, The following will export binary data in the result set as individual files to the C:\temp\binout directory. The SQL insert script is created as C:\temp\binout\out.sql @export on; @export set filename="C:\temp\binout\out.sql" BinaryFormat="File" BinaryFileDir="C:\temp\binout"; Note that in order to insert the binary data you must use DbVisualizer to run the out.sql script. If the script is very large, run it as: @run C:\temp\binout\out.sql in the SQL Commander rather than loading it into the editor first. I hope this helps. Regards Roger

great info Roger! thanks a lot but when i export files, filenames are pretty strange. with add-on of "dbvis" in front of filename. searshing now how to change this default option...

Elias, The file names can't be changed. We have on the todo list to offer an alternative naming strategy. Regards Roger