Start a new topic

control + period not working

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When im on the first or second line, i do control + period. its works fine. on the 3rd or fourth line, its not working. Note: my cursor position is at the end of my query. :)

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: control + period not working
Salim, Please post a screenshot as it better highlight the problem. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Find the screenshots. my cursor position is at the end of my query. I don't have any problem on line 1 and 2.

Hi Salim, Could this be caused by CR characters used for line breaks, the same as the problem described here: http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=3420 Please check the file and/or convert it to standard Windows or Unix format. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Salim, Ignore my previous reply. I can reproduce this now, on the Windows platform. I'll look into a fix for it. Thanks for reporting this. Best Regards, Hans

Hi, This is now fixed in the DbVisualizer 720.1640 EA version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This is still not working exactly as it was in the stable version. If a cursor is positioned just after the semicolon which ends the query, then ctrl+period should execute the query before the semicolon, not the one after it. This is what happens: http://i.imgur.com/oPr48.png

Hi Ivan, Actually, what you describe is a bug in the stable version that I fixed along with the other problems in this area. The semicolon ends a statement, so if you have the caret after the semicolon, you are effectively positioned in the next statement. "End of line" has no syntactic meaning. Consider this example: select from tab1; select from tab2; If the caret is positioned after the first semicolon and you hit Ctrl-period, I believe you agree that the second statement should be executed. Best Regards, Hans

In theory I agree with you. However, this is something I have really grow accustomed to and seems very natural when working with multiple queries. I don't know what other users think about this, but I would be very sad if you changed this in stable. Regards, Ivan

Hi Ivan, I understand that it is hard to get used to a new behavior, but since this was really a bug in the previous versions and it could be error prone to try to handle this as a special case, we will keep the current behavior in the final release. I hope that you will soon get used to the new behavior. Best Regards, Hans