Start a new topic

Connection > Server Info settings not parsed correctly

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have a JDBC connection URL which presents correctly when the new Settings Format "Database URL" is selected. However, clicking the "Server Info" radio button fills the "Database..." fields with default info (for DB2); i.e. localhost port 50000. I would expect this to have parsed the URL and prepopulated the correct values for my connection. I'm running on Ubuntu 10.10: Product: DbVisualizer Personal 720.1638 Build: #1638 (2011/05/02 13:47) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_24 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Linux OS Arch: amd64 OS Version: 2.6.35-28-generic
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Connection > Server Info settings not parsed correctly
Hi Emmanuel, Thanks for your suggestion. I see your point and we initially considered doing this, but decided against it because it is a lot of work considering all the different URL formats for supported databases, it may be error prone, and it is typically something that the user only needs to do once. That said, I agree that it is the "expected behavior", so I have opened a ticket for it, but it has very low priority at the moment. Best Regards, Hans