Start a new topic

internal error occurred when restarting dbviz

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I consistently get the java error if I close dbviz without saving changes to the sql editor and then reopen dbviz and reconnect to the db. The first time I get the java.lang.NullPointerException (see dbviz1), the second time I get java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0 (see dbviz2). clicking the shutdown dbviz fixes the problem. Edited by: secondgradehero on May 10, 2011 1:05 AM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: internal error occurred when restarting dbviz
Hi, Do you get the errors during connect or when you close DbVisualizer? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

During db connect. steps I take to recreate: setup: open dbvis, connect to db, open an sql file. 1.edit sql file. 2.close dbvis without saving changes to sql file. 3.reopen dbvis, connect to db. result: java error pops up.

Thanks! We have a fix for this which will be included in the next EA planned for release later today. Thanks again for reporting it. Regards Roger

Hi, This is now fixed in the DbVisualizer 720.1640 EA version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Roger, I'm still seeing this issue occasionally. => java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: columnSpan must be a positive integer. and => java.lang.NullPointerException System Information: Product: DbVisualizer Personal 720.1640 Build: #1640 (2011/05/11 09:38) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_23 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 thanks. -sgh Edited by: secondgradehero on May 13, 2011 12:22 PM

Hi, You are right, we detected another related issue late last week which will be fixed in next EA. Best Regards Roger