Start a new topic

Drag-n-drop into SQL Commander not working

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

If I drag-n-drop a table or column name from the object tree into SQL Commander there's some very weird behaviour going on. I can't drop the object at the end of the line I'm editing. Instead, the text cursor (where the object name would be dropped) hovers a few characters in from the left rather than where my mouse cursor is. More odd still, if I try to drop the object name in to a multi-line query then how many characters from the left it tries to drop it changes as I move up/down the lines inthe query. This suggests to me that a bug has crept in which is mixing up rows with columns in the text editor when dragging & dropping object names. Attached is an exampe showing me trying to drop the Person.Address object onto the end of a line in order to form the query "+select top 100 * from Address+". What I end up with is "+selecAddresst top 100 * from+ ". DBVis Version: 720.1638 OS: Windows XP Database: SQL Server 2008

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Drag-n-drop into SQL Commander not working
Hi, Thanks for the detailed report! We will look into this. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Drag-n-drop into SQL Commander not working
Hi, This is now fixed in the DbVisualizer 720.1640 EA version. Regards Roger