Start a new topic

Some bugs

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Using H2 databse: When I create a new schema, schemas at SQL Commander are not refreshed, I have to disconnect/connect to be able to use it. GUI: DBvis actually spots my mouse cursor at a different point horizontally after a click event, I mean, if I click on "Help" and move a couple pixels, the menu "Scripts" is selected and I now navigate though it, really annoying. SQL Commander: The function to "remove successful" after I execute several queries and some fail, doesn't work, does nothing. The function "keep successful" doesn't work either and freezes dbvis for a long time, I think depending on the number of queries. Using: ArchLinux, kernel 2.6.38 amd64 Gnome Desktop 3.0.1-2 Gnome Shell 3.0.1-4 DBvis 720.1638 Java JRE 1.6.0_25 H2 1.3.154

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Some bugs
Hi Diego, Thanks for your feedback. > {quote:title=Diego Algara wrote:}{quote} > Using H2 databse: > > When I create a new schema, schemas at SQL Commander are not refreshed, I have to disconnect/connect to be able to use it. How do you create the schema? Via the "Create Schema" action in the Schemas right click menu or by running the appropriate SQL in the SQL Commander? If you use the action, the schema is automatically added below the "Schemas" object in the objects tree. > GUI: > > DBvis actually spots my mouse cursor at a different point horizontally after a click event, I mean, if I click on "Help" and move a couple pixels, the menu "Scripts" is selected and I now navigate though it, really annoying. I cannot reproduce this one. I suspect this may be related to the Gnome Desktop. Are you using the Java VM from Oracle? > SQL Commander: > > The function to "remove successful" after I execute several queries and some fail, doesn't work, does nothing. > > The function "keep successful" doesn't work either and freezes dbvis for a long time, I think depending on the number of queries. Are you referring to the Log and the "Clear Success Entries" and "Clear Error Entries" operations? How may queries have you executed when this happen? Please post a screenshot if you think that may help explain better. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Schema issue: For the Schema, I executed the command at SQL Commander, CREATE SCHEMA X, tried F5, SHIFT+F5 and searched for items to refresh, the "database browser"? tree was refreshed but the SQL Commander didn't, not even after opening a new tab. The GUI issue: [code] $ pacman -Q gnome-desktop gnome-shell jre gnome-desktop 3.0.1-2 gnome-shell 3.0.1-5 jre 6u25-1 [/code] My JRE is from "Sun/Oracle's Java Runtime Environment", is open jdk recommended instead? For the Keep/Remove successful issue: I executed around 1500 queries, I thought it would remove the successful queries from the sql commander, not the log, that I thought was awesome by the way, but your comment suggests it affects only the log, I'll check on it. Sorry for the short answers, I'll digg into this with the new EAP 1640.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I forgot that the new version would already have my config, so I tested out right away and want to give quick update: Playing around with the GUI issue, I found out that it only happens when I have dbvis maximized, and as I stated: all first clicks are captured ok, but then, the program shifts the pointer horizontally, so any right click menus are almost useless right now. Screenshots don't capture my mouse, so there's no point... but I hope it's clear, english is not my native language. Regards

Diego, > {quote:title=Diego Algara wrote:}{quote} > Schema issue: > > For the Schema, I executed the command at SQL Commander, CREATE SCHEMA X, tried F5, SHIFT+F5 and searched for items to refresh, the "database browser"? tree was refreshed but the SQL Commander didn't, not even after opening a new tab. The Schema drop down in the SQL Commander is only refreshed when doing a "Reconnect" for the actual database connection. > The GUI issue: > > [code] > $ pacman -Q gnome-desktop gnome-shell jre > gnome-desktop 3.0.1-2 > gnome-shell 3.0.1-5 > jre 6u25-1 > [/code] > > My JRE is from "Sun/Oracle's Java Runtime Environment", is open jdk recommended instead? > > For the Keep/Remove successful issue: > > I executed around 1500 queries, I thought it would remove the successful queries from the sql commander, not the log, that I thought was awesome by the way, but your comment suggests it affects only the log, I'll check on it. Yes it is the log only. Your idea of preserving only failed SQLs isn't bad. I'll register a ticket for it. Regards Roger

Diego, Currently we don't have access to the same Linux/WM config as you. I'll register a ticket for this. Regards Roger

Gnome3+Gnome-Shell is the future! I don't think ArchLinux is a factor on this. xD Testing it at Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate, I don't have the GUI issue, and the overall GUI changes seem somewhat faster, sad.