Start a new topic

Client Side Command @Run looking in the wrong directory

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

DbVisualizer-720.1640 java version "1.6.0_21" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b06) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0-b16, mixed mode) Linux version 2.6.31-23-generic (buildd@crested) (gcc version 4.4.1 (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9) ) #75-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 18 18:16:06 UTC 2011 *_SQL Commander_* Load a script file in the SQL Commander using the File Open dialog: "/home/me/workspace/sql/merge.sql". The script contains the Client Side Command "@run" for example: @run merge-edge.sql ; @run merge-rupval.sql ; @run merge-vertex.sql ; The SQL Commander looks for the scripts in the $HOME directory for the script. Behavior in prior versions was that it would look in the current working directory. If you had just loaded the script, that directory that you loaded it from would be the current directory. This is logical because if you are calling other scripts from your script, the most likely place they would be is in the same directory. Or you would put the relative path in the @run command. The result is: 15:58:13 [@RUN - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] /home/me/merge-edge.sql does not exist or is not readable 15:58:13 [SELECT - 1464 row(s), 0.029 secs] Result set fetched 15:58:13 [@RUN - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] /home/me/merge-rupval.sql does not exist or is not readable 15:58:13 [SELECT - 1698 row(s), 0.039 secs] Result set fetched 15:58:13 [@RUN - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] /home/me/merge-vertex.sql does not exist or is not readable 15:58:13 [SELECT - 900 row(s), 0.008 secs] Result set fetched ... 6 statement(s) executed, 4062 row(s) affected, exec/fetch time: 0.076/0.188 sec [3 successful, 0 warnings, 3 errors] SQL Commander should have looked in the "/home/me/workspace/sql/" director, not the "/home/me/" directory.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Client Side Command @Run looking in the wrong directory
Hi, Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed in the next EA. The error message is really the bug here. The files are found and executed, as you can see in the other messages for SELECT which I assume are contained in the files, but the code that is supposed to generate an error message for files that truly do not exist is looking in the wrong place. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Client Side Command @Run looking in the wrong directory
Hi, This is now fixed in the 720.1641 (EARLY ACCESS) version. http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/eap Regards Roger