Start a new topic

End key positions behind text and inserts magic space

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

1641: When hitting the "End" key in the SQL editor, the cursor is positioned 1 character behind the last character, if there is another line. This behaviour is unwanted. Example, in a new editor. Type: select will be displayed and saved as: se lect Update: There is a related bug in the result window. Copying (and pasting the result in an external editor which shows whitespace such as Editplus) shows that an unwanted space is appended to every copied row. Regards, Freewater Edited by: Freewater on May 24, 2011 4:57 PM Edited by: Freewater on May 24, 2011 5:16 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: End key positions behind text and inserts magic space
Hi, > When hitting the "End" key in the SQL editor, the cursor is positioned 1 character behind the last character, if there is another line. This behaviour is unwanted. > > Example, in a new editor. Type: > select > > will be displayed and saved as: > se lect I have confirmed this and will take a look at it. > There is a related bug in the result window. Copying (and pasting the result in an external editor which shows whitespace such as Editplus) shows that an unwanted space is appended to every copied row. Can you please clarify this one a bit? When you say "the result window", do you mean the textual representation of a result set below the editor in the SQL Commander area? If so, the text is padded to make all lines the same length. Are you saying you see additional line feed characters. Please post a screenshot if you think that can help. Best Regards, Hans

Hi, I have found a fix for the End key behavior. It will be included in the next EA release. Thanks for testing and reporting. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Hans, sorry, I accidentally used the new function "Copy Selection as Text". This will add a space at the end (see screenshot), but I don't know if this is intended or not. I will of course use the old "Copy Selection" function, which is still there. Regards, Freewater

Hi, Copy Selection as Text copies the data as fixed width columns with spaces padded at the end when needed. This is by design. Regards Roger

Hi, Just to let you know there is a fix for the END key issue in the latest 720.1680 version. Regards Roger