Start a new topic

Support "explain" for Postgresql

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, It would be great, if DbVisualizer supports the "explain" feature of Postgresql. DbVisualizer already supports this feature for Oracle and DB2. I'll mind me to rember, that this feature was already included in an early release, but propably, I'm wrong. Never that less, this would be a great feature for all Postgresql users. We use Postgresql in our company (abou 80 developers) for development and productional. best regards, Schnitzelhugo

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Support "explain" for Postgresql
Schnitzelhugo, I will add your vote for explain support for PostgreSQL. Thanks! Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Is this feature on the current roadmap? Any planned ETA?

Matt, Explain for PostgreSQL is planned for the next feature version. Estimated release date is Q1 2012. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

That is good news. About to spend a lot more time in Postgres, and will be looking forward to this feature.

Hi, great news. I'll love it. regards, schnitzelhugo

Hi, Visual explain plan for PostgreSQL 9 and later is now available in the latest beta version of the upcoming DbVisualizer 9.0: http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Regards Roger