Start a new topic

Autocomplete list should not close when typing

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Let's say I have the following tables in my database: systabauth systables systabamdata systriggers systraceclasses systracemsgs systrigbody (some informix system tables, just for demonstration, works with any tables which begin with the same few letters) To reproduce: 1. Open SQL commander, connect to database 2. Type in "SELECT * FROM syst" and press Ctrl+Space. An autocomplete list with all 7 above tables is displayed. 3. While the autocomplete list is displayed, press "a". Expected: Autocomplete list remains open, but displays only tables which start with "systa" (4 of them). Actual: Autocomplete list closes. In other words, once activated, the autocomplete list should not close, while you're typing a name of a table which exists. It should just shrink the contents to tables corresponding with entered letters. If you type in a name which does not exist, then the list should close. I know there is an option to "display automatically" which will have a similar effect, however I do not wish for it to display automatically. Just not to close once open. Not sure if I would call it a bug, but it would be a definite improvement. Much nicer to use. The same behaviour is implemented in IDEs like Eclipse. Regards, Ivan Product: DbVisualizer Pro 90.1850 Build: #1850 (2012/10/20 12:03) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_09 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Autocomplete list should not close when typing
Ivan, Thanks for the detailed report. This is a known bug and will be fixed in an upcoming beta. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This seems to be fixed in 90.1851. However, not perfectly. PageUp/PageDown does not work as expected in the autocomplete list. Pressing these buttons does not scroll the list as expected, but jumps to the first item in the list. Using arrow keys works fine. Regards, Ivan

Hi Ivan, Thanks for reporting this. We're working on getting it fixed. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Ivan, I have had a look at this and Page Up/Down works on Windows for me, but not on Mac OS X. Which OS do you see this on? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It's beta 90.1851 on WinXP SP3. Here's the data from the About dialog in dbvis: Product: DbVisualizer Pro 90.1851 Build: #1851 (2012/10/26 12:59) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_09 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 Just tried it again, and I can still reproduce the bug. My colleague can also reproduce it (also win xp) so it's not an isolated incident. Regards, Ivan

Ivan, Are you referring to the page up/down issue or the originally reported problem whereas the AC list is closed while narrowing the results? Regards Roger

The pageup/down issue. The original issue is resolved for me. Regards, Ivan

Hi Ivan, I believe I have this fixed for Windows now, to be included in the next Beta. For Mac OS X, there seems to be a bug in the Java JList class, so Page Up/Down does not work on that platform. Hopefully it will be fixed one day. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Ivan, Just wanted to let you know that this is now also fixed in the just released DbVisualizer 8.0.12. Best Regards, Hans