Start a new topic

Grid component cut off in Import CSV

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Product: DbVisualizer Pro 90.1851 Build: #1851 (2012/10/26 12:59) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_35 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.7.5 When attempting to import table data, the "Data" panel on the "Data Formats" dialog (which contains the Grid/File tabbed panel) is being cut off on the right side when there are too many columns to fit on one screen (see attached screenshot). Resizing the dialog allows the rest to be seen. I've also seen the same behaviour with the tabbed panel on the "Import Destination" dialog, but it's the bottom of the grid that gets cut off. Note that this only happens when I choose "New Database Table". It does not occur when I attempt to import using "Current Database Table". Again, if I resize the dialog to make it taller, I can see the rest of the component. Looks like a default sizing problem with that tabbed panel component.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Grid component cut off in Import CSV
Steve, Are you using a bigger font? It looks as if the window is too narrow. Try make it wider. We'll look into ensuring the window adapt to its content when displayed. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > Are you using a bigger font? It looks as if the window is too narrow. Try make it wider. We'll look into ensuring the window adapt to its content when displayed. I have made no font changes since installing the beta. Nor do I have any recollection of ever changing the font sizes for DbVisualizer, but I suppose they could have been changed years ago and carried over from an old version. For reference I've attached a screenshot of the font settings from "Tool Properties". Note that the whole panel, including the "Fit Column Widths" prompt below the table, is being cut off. Manually making the window wider allows me to see the cut off text, BUT the window size change is lost the next time I call up the import facility.

Steve, Just to inform you that this will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting it. Regards Roger

Steve, Just a tip: If you want to revert the fonts (those listed in the screenshot are not standard), press "Defaults" and then "Revert Selected". Regards Roger Ps. The next beta will properly adjust even when fonts are non-standard.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > Ps. The next beta will properly adjust even when fonts are non-standard. Good to hear. FYI, I see the same problem in the Export Table dialog. The file name field in the "Output Destination" panel is cut off on the right side, I have to resize the window to gain access to the file selection button.

Steve, We'll fix that in the next beta. Thanks again for all your feedback! Regards Roger

Steve, This is fixed in the just released 90.1852 beta version. Regards Roger

Product: DbVisualizer Pro 90.1852 Build: #1852 (2012/11/02 16:32) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_37 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.7.5 > {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > Steve, > > This is fixed in the just released 90.1852 beta version. Yes, the panels no longer get cut off but I've noticed a couple of visual issues after the change (see attached screenshot). Non-selected tabs are displayed in a grey font making them look disabled (as per my previous post on the main screen tabs). Also, the top bar of the non-selected tab is not being drawn.

Steve, Correct. The general tab change didn't make it into this beta. Will be fixed in next. Regards Roger