Start a new topic

Count in data grid with filter wrong

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Procedure: 1. Select a table in the tree 2. Click on "Data" in the right pane 3. Filter data in the data grid 4. There is no possability to get the count of the filter (only the count of shown data is displayed) E.g. At the right corner the count is shown as "200/79". But if I execute the count statement with the same filter in SQL Commander than I get 314000. The row count shows the row count without appling the filter (355000).

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Count in data grid with filter wrong
Clan, Can you please post screenshot(s) to better clarify the issue? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I have created an image for explaination

Clan, Thanks! Do you expect to see more than 200 rows? If that is the case, you need to adjust the "Max Rows" setting below the grid in the left bottom corner. The Row Count tab show the total number of rows in the table as returned by a simple select count(*) from table. I hope this is what you are looking for. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I was looking for the row count of the table including the filter. To get the result I can go to the SQL Commander and put: select count(*) from T_ODS_A where GELOESCHT is null; I would expect when I right click on the data grid that there is a menu item called "count filtered data" which is doing the same as my SQL statement. Row count on filtered data is the function I need. The other option would be to display in the right corner where actually "200/79" is displayed the real row count (e.g 200/314000). Edited by: clan on 08.11.2012 13:39 Edited by: clan on 08.11.2012 13:40
[Attachment has been removed.]

So if the query returns 250 rows you would like to see "250 of 314000 rows"? If you set the Max Rows to -1 then the count in the data tab status bar will show the total number of rows returned by the filtered query. You can then flip between the Data and Row Count tabs to get the requested information. In the upcoming 9.0 version you can drag the Row Count tab side-by-side with the Data tab and so always see the total row count in the table and the result of any filtered query run in the Data tab. See screenshot for an example. Regards Roger

I have tried it with the 9.0 beta release. The issue I have with max rows set to "-1" is that than the data grid is fetching all 314000 rows which results in an out of memory window poping up until I close DBViz. Imaging that you have 10000000 rows. With "-1" you will always run out of memory in some way or the other. I only want to see 200 rows but wanted to know that my filter has resulted in 314000 rows of 355000. Actually the row count tab is only displaying the total rows of the table without any filters applied (in this case always 355000). Hopefully this clarifies a littel bit.

Thanks! It clarifies. I will register a ticket for your suggestion. Regards Roger