Start a new topic

91.1861 - DB2 - How to turn on checking dependences?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I work with DB2 9.7 for LUW. When I compile a function or a procedure (Ctrl+S) containing call of another missing function/procedure I got no any error or warning message. On one hand it's suitable, because my function/procedure is deployed to DB2 in invalid status, but on the other hand I don't know, is it in status valid or invalid? Could you show in DBvis 90.. a status of the procedure/function - valid or invalid and check it after every deploying with Ctrl+S ? This status should be marked both in Object Tree and in Program Edit Window. Thank you. Edited by: Evg on 16.11.2012 10:06 Edited by: Evg on 16.11.2012 10:10

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: 91.1861 - DB2 - How to turn on checking dependences?
Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. We do what you describe for Oracle and it seems like the validity of a procedure/function can be determined from the metadata also for DB2 LUW. I have opened a ticket to look into providing the same support for DB2 LUW as we currently have for Oracle. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: 91.1861 - DB2 - How to turn on checking dependences?
Hi, thank you. I'll be waiting for this feature. This select for DB2 LUW shows all invalid objects and error messages (reasons): SELECT * FROM SYSCAT.INVALIDOBJECTS I don't know if it is for z/os also.