Start a new topic

90.1863 re-connect from the object tree does not release the session used

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, the session that is used for browsing the object tree is not the session that is released when a re-connect is executed. It looks like that session is inherited by one of the active tabs. This is very inconvenient when working with Resource Manager since that is making use of a pending area where that session holds a lock on. That session should be released. Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: 90.1863 re-connect from the object tree does not release the session used
This bug was also in DBvis version 8.0.10 (with DB2 for LUW).
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ronald, The databases tab use a single physical connection (this is called the root connection) with the database. Each SQL Commander editor use one physical connection each. When a re-connect is requested all physical connections are disconnected and the root connection is then re-established. Can you please send a step-by-step guide how connections remain even after re-connect/disconnect? Regards Roger

Evg, Can you please clarify how this appear with DB2 LUW and preferably a guide so that we can reproduce? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger, in that case, it is even worse. Even when I disconnect all my sessions and re-open one to start browsing, I find all my previous sessions connected like I left them. In this case I did not stop dbvis, just used Disconnect from the object tree. In the object tree, I see no active connections. I also closed all my TAB's. I did find this behaviour because I created a Resource Manager Pending area and when I came back to this db I found it was locked by an other session - of me - but not the session that was running by object browser. For this reason I also added an extra data viewer to the Resource Manager view in the enclosed oracle.xml (to use that, go to Resource Manager -> action "create pending area" and open the Resource Manager view in a tab. In the second viewer you should be able to see the sessionID that created the pending area (should be the one running the object tree)) When the session that holds the pending area gets disconnected, the pending area is removed, which is OK. Now find a way to reproduce this again. (involves switching databases) working......

Thanks Ronald, We will look into this. Regards Roger

>Evg, >Can you please clarify how this appear with DB2 LUW and preferably a guide so that we can reproduce? >Regards Ronald Rood is absolutly right in his description. Exactly the same problem is for db2 luw. Only full exit from DBvis kills his db2 sessions. Regards.

Hi, We've identified the problem and will include a fix. Regards Roger

Hi, The connection problem is now fixed in the latest beta. http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Regards Roger