Start a new topic

Feature Request - Data View Auto Refresh

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I would like "watch" transactional/admin tables and have the feature to enable auto refresh of my result set, Additionally I would LOVE for this ability to be added into the Dataview object of the profile scripts so that I can have autorefresh admin views run via DBVis (e.g. current system load, current executing queries, etc)

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Feature Request - Data View Auto Refresh
Hi Shaun, Have you looked at the Monitor feature? http://www.dbvis.com/doc/main/doc/ug/monitor/monitor.html I believe it provides the features you're asking for. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hot to make Monitor Window always on top?

Hi, It is a regular window and need to be arranged on top of other windows manually. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thank you, this should work.

One more thing though... Is it possible to open multiple monitor windows (e.g. I may have multiple items I want to refresh on differing frequencies).

Hi Shaun, You can have multiple monitors defined, each represented by a tab in the Data Monitor window. In the Data Monitor window you can arrange the monitor tabs any way you like, just as for all other tabs in 9.0; tile them side-by-side, float each in its own window, etc. The Auto Reload Interval is the same for all. Best Regards, Hans

> It is a regular window and need to be arranged on top of other windows manually. Of course, but if I arrange it on top of other windows, I can't navigate to other windows (for example to the SQL Commander Tab) without hiding the Monitor window. To have it always on top now I have to use utilities like this: DeskPins 1.30 http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/DeskPins.shtml It's very easy for a developer to make a switch - to on and off "pin" - for this window. And then it will be not necessary to use other utilities. The Monitor window often should be always on top. Please, do it for me :)

Hi, I will register a ticket for the always-in-front request. Regards Roger