Start a new topic

cannot open the viewer in the right

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Product: DbVisualizer Pro 90.1860 Build: #1860 (2012/11/12 11:50) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_33 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 it happend when I open a db link and db-click a table object. the same wrong related with the right display viewer. I think the bug has a close relation with the vesion-detect thing which is slow-responsed after checking in an low-speed net-band.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: cannot open the viewer in the right
Max, It would be great if you can post a screenshot to better illustrate the problem. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi,Roger attachment is a snapshot you want. I think I get the bug again.below is my test step in detail: 1 open the dbvis and I guess the vesion-check job will auto-run in the background ; 2 before the check result window pop up,I open a db and db-click a table object in a minut; 3 then the snapshot will be appeard. BTW, the right view will be OK after check result window pop up.

Thanks Max. What happen if you disable the "check for update" feature in Help->Check for Update (set Check for updates = Never in that window)? Also, when the "Loading SQL Commander and Object View tabs. Wait..." message disappear, are there then any editor and/or object view tabs displayed? (Test this by restarting DbVisualizer and then just wait until the message disappear). Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, the view wil not be dispalyed and "Loading SQL Commander and Object View tabs. Wait.."message is still on even after the "check Window" pop up. the bug can not be find if I set Check for updates = Never in that window.

Max, Your DbVis settings directory should be located in the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\\.dbvis Locate it using the Windows Explorer. Then expand into the Workspace and default directories. For each of the window-nnn directories, expand them and make sure the detailed view is enabled and the Size column in Windows Explorer is visible. Take a screenshot of the content of each "window-nnn" directory and either post here or email to support@dbvis.com. Regards Roger
[Attachment has been removed.]

Roger, There is only one dirc named ".dbvis\Workspace\default\window-0". the attachment is the snapshot of window-0 folder.

Max, Thanks! We've identified the problem and will fix it. The workaround is to turn off the Check for Update feature. Thanks again for reporting this. Regards Roger