Start a new topic

90.1863 sql history contains many copies of SQL including errors

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I as under the impression that some opimalization was done to prevent copies of SQL and SQL containing errors. Both appear in the SQL history. Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: 90.1863 sql history contains many copies of SQL including errors
Ronald, The SQL History keeps bot successful and failed scripts. If executing the same script multiple times after each other only a single entry is saved and a counter is increased showing how many times it has been executed. If running SELECT A two times and then a single SELECT B and finally a single SELECT A there will be 3 history entries (last executed first): SELECT A 1 SELECT B 1 SELECT A 2 Last Integer showing number of times executed. The collection of identical executions can be controlled in Tool Properties->General->SQL History. I hope this explains. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks for the explanation Roger, I now changed the setting to ignore error entries. I already had 'collect duplicate into same' When just running one SQL 10 times in a rows without anything in between I get 10 entries. (running 90.1863) I do see some SQL's with a counter > 1 but at the moment I can not reproduce this. (getting a counter increment) So: I still think there is a problem with that. I have my sessions running long times. Could that cause a problem? Using the 11.2.0.3 jdbc driver
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Ronald, We'll fix this. Thanks! Regards Roger