Start a new topic

Search and replace problem

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

There seems to be a bug in the search and replace feature when editing scripts in SQL Commander. When I issue the replace command I am told the text has been replaced, but the contents of the editor buffer do not change. It is not clear what specific conditions trigger this behavior, but it seems to happen with great frequency when editing scripts. Here are the steps that reproduce this issue on my Windows 7 64-bit system with the official 9.0 release: 1) Press Ctrl-T to create a new SQL Commander tab 2) Paste in the following script select "Nav$Sales Line"."Document No_" from "Nav$Sales Line" 3) Press Ctrl-H to invoke the Replace dialog 4) Enter "Nav$Sales Line" (including the quotes) in the "Find What" field 5) Enter replacement text in the "Replace with" field 6) Press the Find button Expected Result: Text is found and replaced Actual Result: - DbVis displays the message: "2" occurrences have been replaced - The cursor is advanced to just after the last match - The matched text is not replaced Regards, David

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Search and replace problem
Hi David, Thanks for reporting this. It is the same bug as reported here: http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=15293 The work-around is: + Open the Replace dialog, + Check the "Use" checkbox in the Options area, select Wildcards, and uncheck "Use" again + Click Find Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, Thanks, the workaround does the trick. It was a mildly annoying bug, but not a big deal since I often end up using Notepad++ anyway to perform more advanced editing. Best Regards, David

Hi David, Hopefully we will get this fixed soon. We have editor improvements on our todo list. Can you tell us what Nodepad++ features you like to see in the DbVisualizer editor? Best Regards, Hans

David, Just to inform you that this is now fixed in the 9.0.1 version. Regards Roger