Start a new topic

Retina graphics are not smooth with jdk 7u40

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have tried the beta 91.2030 and saw that all icons and graphics are not clean shown. From my view only higher resolution are necessary to remove that issue Edited by: clan on Jul 12, 2013 10:02 AM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Retina graphics are not smooth with jdk 7u40
Hi, Can you please clarify what you mean with: "From my view only higher resolution are necessary to remove that issue" All text is Retina enabled in the beta version when used with Java 1.7.0_40. Graphics (icons, images) aren't Retina yet as that would require changes in DbVisualizer. We do have a ticket to look into this. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This is exactly what I mean. The graphics are not retina compatible and I don't know if it is just necessary to replace the graphics higher resolution ones, so that the blure effect is going away.

Clan, It is unfortunately not that easy just replacing the graphics with higher resolution images. We have an open ticket to look into this. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Any update on this? I just dug into updating Java to 1.7.0_45 on OS X 10.9.1 trying to get sharp icons within DbVisualizer but they are still blurry. This thread leads me to believe that's the way things will be until the code base can be updated thus my inquiry. Thanks!

Jason, I am sorry but we have no news to share regarding Retina graphics in DbVisualizer. Regards Roger