Start a new topic

Request: FK/PFK marker in Database treeview

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

FEATURE REQUEST: In the Database table treeview, would it be possible to mark the column with an identifier to show if it was a primary key, or a primary foreign key? e.g. table1 - column1 (DECIMAL) PFK - column2 (DECIMAL) PFK - column3 (DECIMAL) FK - column4 (DECIMAL) The visility of these markers could also be made optional (configurable in settings). Or is this existing already? Edited by: Geff Chang on Jul 25, 2013 7:01 AM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Request: FK/PFK marker in Database treeview
Geff, I'll add your vote for showing primary/foreign keys in the list of column objects. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Please add mine too. I'd prefer an icon change rather than adding text to the end of the column name though - that way it's always visible. Another good place would be in the Columns tab once you open a table. For some reason there's both a NULLABLE and IS_NULLABLE column there for SQL Server but no IS_PK column.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Right, I think icons would be much better.

Just to inform that we have released a beta version of the upcoming DbVisualizer 14 with support to see constraints among a lot of other improvements.

Read more about the news and the release notes. Download and give it a test! Qualified feedback will receive a cosy DbVisualizer shirt.

Regards

Roger