Start a new topic

Import Data skips a frame in the process

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When importing data, It skips right from the "Data Formats" frame to the final import page on the first time through the pages. One must hit the "Back Button" to go to the "Import Into" frame. This frame is important because it has the "Map By" drop down. It should stop there. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 91.2037 Build: #2037 (2013/08/04 19:26) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_45 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.6.8

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Import Data skips a frame in the process
Hi, I'm unable to reproduce this behavior. Can you please share some more info? Does it happen with all tables? Are you using custom setting? Anything else that may be different? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans- I think it may have to do with having some import setting loaded. However, I cannot test it because I cannot reset the import settings due to that NPE I reported in another issue I think try this: * Import CSV * Set Map Columns to "Map By Column Name" * Save the Settings to a file * Do whatever .... * Import CSV again, load the settings file * "Next" through the frames. Should skip the fram with "Map Columns", but it if you go "Back" from the final frame you will get there. This may take one more import attempt after loading the import settings, not sure...
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, I still cannot reproduce "skipping the target page" problem, but I see that with the scenario you describe, the target page is displayed with Current Database Table selected but the mapping grid is not shown until I select Current Database Table again. Is that what you mean? Either way, I'll look into a fix for that. Best Regards, Hans