Start a new topic

history - copy to SQL Commander

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

First of all thank you for the hugely improved history feature (compared to the drop-down in old versions)! I hope I haven't overlooked anything here. I would like to be able to beam a history entry straight into the SQL Commander, for instance by double-click, rather than having to copy from history window, bring main window to foreground, paste. *set-up* Product: DbVisualizer Free 7.1.2 Build: #1579 (2010/08/17 19:39) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_02 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Linux OS Arch: i386 OS Version: 2.6.30-bpo.2-686

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: history - copy to SQL Commander
Tarlika, Double click should work fine and will do exactly what you suggest. I just verified with 7.1.2 using DbVisualizer Free and it works as expected. I assume nothing happens when you double click? What happen if you select Open File->Open File in Current Editor in the right click menu? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

How embarrassing - it works fine. I realize what threw me: I had checked out the context (right-click) menu but I would have never expected +Open in Current Editor+ to copy the command to the SQL Commander. When I was prompted with the +Save/Load Discard+ dialog I didn't think it was the right thing and cancelled previously. Once I had chosen +Load+ I stopped getting this dialog and the command is always copied. On the history window, is there a search facility? I would like to be able to search for a command (simple text search).
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Tarlika, Great! You can control the appearance of the Save/Load prompt in Tool Properties->General->SQL Editor. (Note it requires DbVisualizer 7.1.3). Search in the history is on the todo list. Best Regards Roger