Start a new topic

Oracle PLAN_TABLE issue

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger, Sorry, but must revisit this issue again. Starting in Oracle 10g, the preferred plan_table is a public synonym PLAN_TABLE referring to a global temporary table named SYS.PLAN_TABLE$. With default configuration, DbVis does not see this plan table, so creates its own in the default schema. This will override the Oracle PLAN_TABLE for all users that access this schema, not just DbVisualizer users. I made a config change (attached) to prevent this from happening, but believe that the default DbVis behaviour should take this into account and use the existing SYS.PLAN_TABLE$ exposed by the public synonym. This is just one more config change that we need to make to all of the seats of DbVis that we have deployed. Regards, Doug

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Oracle PLAN_TABLE issue
Great! Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I added the following to dbvis-custom.prefs to pre-configure our installations: dbvis.oracle.CreateExplainTable=false dbvis.oracle.ExplainSchema=PUBLIC dbvis.oracle.UseUserDefinedExplainTable=true Regards, Doug
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Doug, We will re-visit the explain plan support for Oracle in a future DbVisualizer version. Oracle offers a lot of variants of explain plan depending on Oracle version and we believe this should show in DbVisualizer. Please let me know if you want to know how to set the configuration you suggest as default. Best Regards Roger