Start a new topic

Java 7 on Mac OS X with v8.0.10

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Folks, One of the new features of dbvis v8.0.10 is support for Java 7 on Mac OS X. However, I can't find any documentation on how to change to target JRE to 1.7 from 1.6. I tried editing the plist by setting the target JRE to "1.7" or "1.7+", but neither one worked. Has anyone been able to do this, and if so, can you tell me how you did it? Thanks, Andrew

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Java 7 on Mac OS X with v8.0.10
Yes, I am using Java 7 (launching it through the shell script command-line because of the original problem that I brought up earlier in this thread).
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Java 7 on Mac OS X with v8.0.10
Hi Andrew, I have found a work-around for this. Replace the last line in the dbvsgui.sh file with this line (all on one line): $JAVA_EXEC -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=192M -cp $CP -Ddbvis.home=$DBVIS_HOME -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=false com.onseven.dbvis.DbVisualizerGUI "$@" In other words, add the option that disables the Apple Screen Menu Bar. For some reason, keyboard shortcuts for actions that are included in a menu cause the action to be invoked twice when it is enabled. We will continue to look for a solution to this. Best Regards, Hans