Start a new topic

Is it possible to default a variable to a dynamic value?

I'm using this in a WHERE clause to prompt a user for the date:

${StartDate||||Date||Where}$

Is it possible to default this to TODAY?

Scott,

Try:

${A||dbvis-date||||Where}$

${B||dbvis-date||||Where format=[yyyyMMdd]}$

Without the format attribute it is the settings in Tool Properties / Data Formats that are used.

In addition these are also supported:

dbvis-time

dbvis-timestamp

Regards

Roger

This did not work.

Scott,

dbvis-date is replaced with the actual value during execute and in the SQL Preview window.

Note also that is is a literal so you will probably need to quote the variable in your SQL.

Regards

Roger

I see what you're saying.  That won't do for my use-case, unfortunately.  I would prefer the parameter value be dynamically loaded.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Scott,

Not sure if this is what you're after, but if you do not want to be prompted for a value you can use the noshow option:

${A||dbvis-date||||noshow}$

Variable options are described here:

http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG95/Using+DbVisualizer+Variables

Best Regards,

Hans

No, I want to be prompted for a value, but I want a default value in the entry field.

Hi Scott,

Okay, but then I don't understand why using dbvis-date as Roger suggested doesn't work for you? If you leave it as dbvis-date, it will be replaced by today's date during execution; if you enter another date value, it will used. Please explain what the problem with this is.

Best Regards,

Hans

I don't know how to be more clear.  I just want it to look like this:

qxHux2Lo2ltFTCYxhMPrtXna1fKGUOJS-w.png

And then tomorrow it would have 2016-12-08 and so on...

If it pops up and says "dbvis-date" in the field, it will confuse my users immensely. 

Scott,

Got it :-)

We'll look into it.

Regards

Roger

Scott,

Just to inform you that DbVisualizer 9.5.6 has just been released with support for:

${Date||now||Date}$   > 2012-01-01

${Time||now||Time}$   > 12:12:12

${Timestamp||now||Timestamp}$   > 2012-01-01 12:12:12

Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade. 

An alternative is that you download from our web site: http://www.dbvis.com/download/

Regards

Roger

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment