Start a new topic

Navigating Database Connections with Keyboard

I have 332 database connections. Maybe that's weird, it's my company's setup. I want to navigate to them by keyboard since I have given them unique starting strings. 

I have tried Ctrl-/, type the connection name, hit Escape, Ctrl+R, Ctrl+T. This is OK except that about 66% of the time after the first time i do this, Ctrl+R doesn't work unless I hit up and down arrow first.

Even better would be if there were a way to focus on the database connections dropdown from SQL Commander, so I could just type my connection name in this tab. I can put the focus there by typing Ctrl+7 Ctrl+6, but it's messy and I can't get my focus back into the SQL Commander tab.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I assume you are referring to the Database Connections drop-down in the SQL Commander?

Based on that I don't really get the following steps you do:

I have tried Ctrl-/, type the connection name, hit Escape, Ctrl+R, Ctrl+T. This is OK except that about 66% of the time after the first time i do this, Ctrl+R doesn't work unless I hit up and down arrow first.

Can you please clarify what you are looking for?

Regards

Roger

I want the Databases Connection dropdown, but since the documentation and experimentation gave no way to set the focus to it, I tried another approach. Ctrl+/ might be a custom key binding -- it is the same as Ctrl+0, it sets your focus to the Databases pane. There, you can continue with the keystrokes I mentioned. My hope was that I could at least get that connection active so it jumps to the top of your dropdown, or opening a new tab with that connection active. But it has hitches because Ctrl+R is flaky.

Yes, ideally I could just set the focus to the Database Connections drop-down and type there.

Login or Signup to post a comment