Start a new topic

Non-Auto Completion Popup List

In SQL Commander, I have had to disable the autocompletion feature because it constantly pops up when I don't want it - but it would be handy to have it for when I do want it.

Having a configurable keyboard shortcut for this functionality, thus making it "non-auto" would be wonderful. Then I could hit some key combination (ctrl+somekeyhere) and it would give me that popup, but I can conveniently code away without annoying popups when I am working on schema's I already have memorized.

Hi Carl,

You're right. There will be a reference to the shortcut in the next maintenance release.

Best Regards,

Hans

Oh Wow, I had no idea that shortcut existed. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe a note can be added to the auto-complete tool options tab to indicate that the shortcut exists so others like me don't have to wonder?

Thanks!

Hi Carl,

The behavior you describe that you want is actually the default. It is controlled by the Display Automatically setting in Tools->Tool Properties, under General/SQL Commander/Auto Completion.

Ctrl-Space triggers Auto Completion manually by default, but you can bind it to another key combination in Tools->Tool Properties, in the General/Key Bindings category. In the Action tree, it is found under Main Menu/Edit as Show Auto Completion.

Best Regards,

Hans

Login or Signup to post a comment