Start a new topic

Setting a value to null in grid won't insert column's default value on save

When I Insert a new row in the grid, all the values are null. I have autoincrementing primary key. If I copy all values from a different row into this new row, except leaving the primary key null, when I save, I get a row with a new key.

However, when I duplicate an entire row in the grid and then use the "Set to NULL" command to set the key to "(null)", I get this error: 

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'vtorderitem' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF.

It seems like the column is being set to a string instead of actually null.

Update: I looked at the SQL in the error message and it showed a normal null. I don't know what is wrong. 

INSERT INTO "dbo"."vtorderitem" ("id", "orderid", "productkey", "amount", "quantity") VALUES (null, 20436, '0000KG0000ES4', 66610000.00, 1.00)

This is MSSQL database.

I don't see an "edit" button on my posts, but wanted to clarify that the error in the original post is thrown when I hit Save, not when I issue the Set to NULL command.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. It sounds like an issue that we are aware of that will be fixed in the next maintenance release. You will be notified when it is available.

Best Regards,

Hans

Hi,

Just to let you know DbVisualizer 10.0.14 is now available with a fix for the Set to NULL issue your reported.

Regards

Roger

Login or Signup to post a comment