Start a new topic
Answered

Query Builder UI Bug - Cannot Access Field List (Windows 10)

On windows 10, when accessing dropdown lists of column names, the dropdown extends beyond the maximized window size and below / under the taskbar. Screenshot attached for example (sorry, had to blur out the actual text).

I am using the Darcula theme, I am unsure if this affects other themes. My Windows 10 taskbar is set to NOT autohide.

dbvis.png
(24 KB)

Best Answer

Carl,

Just to inform you that we have just released DbVisualizer 10.0.15 with a fix for the issue you reported.

Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade. An alternative is that you download from our web site: http://www.dbvis.com/download/

Regards

Roger

Hi Carl,

Apologies for the very late reply. 

I'm unable to reproduce what you describe on Windows 10, with Darcula or any other look and feel. For me, the list extends down over the taskbar and have a down arrow at the bottom. Moving the cursor over the arrow scrolls the list. It is a bit hard to see from your screenshot, but are you saying you don't see the arrow? 

Are you using any special resolution, or have done some other configuration changes that affects the GUI layout? 

Which Java version is used for DbVisualizer? You can see this in Help->About.

Best Regards,

Hans

Hi,

I am using 10.0.14 with the included JVM.

This is on windows 10, I am on insider fast ring.

Just this week it stopped happening where it was "behind", so perhaps this was a bug with windows 10 ui multi-monitor taskbars?

This was on secondary (not primary) monitor.

That said, it does seem like troublesome design to have the dropdown flowing outside of the application window in any case. Is there a reason the dropdown is not bound to be inside the app window?

Thanks

Hi Carl,

Looking at the code, I see that the intention is to only extend the menu so that it fits in the application window, but I see it extend farther on both Windows 10 and macOS with a high resolution screen. I will look into it.

Best Regards,

Hans

Hi,

Thanks for the followup. Much appreciated!

Answer

Carl,

Just to inform you that we have just released DbVisualizer 10.0.15 with a fix for the issue you reported.

Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade. An alternative is that you download from our web site: http://www.dbvis.com/download/

Regards

Roger

Thanks so much! Love how quick you guys are with updates. Really makes for a great experience! Glad I was able to get our entire team on board with investing on the switch to DBVis - really makes our work easier every day.

Login or Signup to post a comment