Start a new topic

On metadata migration: Permission mode not preserved

Hej

I just noticed that at least one of my connections, I did not check any others, was on permission mode "Development" (12.0.5, config70) and after the migration it was on "Production" (13.0, config130).

Varma häslningar

Thiemo

Product: DbVisualizer Pro 130.3251 [BETA VERSION]
OS Version: 10.0
OS Arch: amd64
Java Version: 11.0.13
Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
Java Vendor: Eclipse Adoptium
Java Home: C:\Program Files\Eclipse Foundation\jdk11
DbVis Home: D:\kellnerth\DbVisualizer_beta
User Home: C:\Users\kellnerth
PrefsDir: D:\kellnerth\git\kellnerth\.dbvis_beta
SessionId: 105
BindDir: \[3]

Hei Ulf

Thank you for getting at the issue. I was wrong with my originating version. It was 12.1.5.

Product: DbVisualizer Pro 12.1.5 [Build #3241]
OS Version: 10.0
OS Arch: amd64
Java Version: 11.0.13
Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
Java Vendor: Eclipse Adoptium
Java Home: C:\Program Files\Eclipse Foundation\jdk11
DbVis Home: D:\kellnerth\DbVisualizer
User Home: C:\Users\kellnerth
PrefsDir: D:\kellnerth\git\kellnerth\.dbvis
SessionId: 583
BindDir: D:\kellnerth\git\kellnerth\.dbvis\[0]

I could reproduce the problem. I only double-checked the connection with alias "ADW_E1 [UR]" which has the ID 31. The connection mode actually does not get change, it is lost so defaulting to "Production", as the diff image shows.

Please find attached my original config/settings directory, though I stripped the Bookmarks and Monitor folder and removed the dbvis.license file.

I hope that helps.

Hälsningar

Thiemo

Hi Thiemo

Thanks for the complete .dbvis directory. This made it much more clear. I think what you have experienced is that you looked at the connections just after migration. After restarting (as the migration recommends) the connections seems ok again. Though I agree that it's sort of confusing. 

The missing <Property key="dbvis.ConnectionMode">Development</Property> i believe is just because it is the default.

I have included a screen shot in the ticket showing your database tree after restart which seem to correspond to your original tree. 

Kind Regards,

Ulf

Login or Signup to post a comment