Start a new topic

Db2 Change password

Hi Folks,

I want to change my password via the IBM Db2 SQL Command via the SQL Commander

Product: DbVisualizer Free 13.0.1 (build: 3263)
OS Version: 10.0
OS Arch: amd64
Java Version: 11.0.14
Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
Java Vendor: Eclipse Adoptium
Java Home: c:\program files\dbvisualizer\jre
DbVis Home: C:\Program Files\DbVisualizer

Connect to database_name USER my_user USING oldpassword New newpassword confirm newpassword

I get the following error returned

13:17:47  START Executing for: 'TST' [DB2 LUW]
13:17:50  INFO  Physical database connection acquired for: TST  
13:17:50  FAILED  [CONNECT - 0 rows, 0.106 secs]  [Code: -104, SQL State: 42601]  An unexpected token "Connect to database_name" was found following "BEGIN-OF-STATEMENT".  Expected tokens may include:  "<audit>".. SQLCODE=-104, SQLSTATE=42601, DRIVER=4.28.11  
Connect to database_name USER my_user USING oldpassword New newpassword confirm newpassword;
13:17:50  STOPPED  Stopped because of errors  
13:17:50  END Execution 1 statement(s) executed, 0 row(s) affected, exec/fetch time: 0.106/0.000 secs   [0 successful, 1 errors]

IT seems DBVisualizer is blocking / does not support the CONNECT statement syntax.

I am following the IBM Db2 recommendation here to allow the user to change their password when the password expires as per the security rules established on the system. I would like the users to be able to do this from DbVisualizer rather than having to log in separately outside of DbVisulizer, and to not need to use others tools like ssh into the system or putty sessions as this just confuses users.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/db2/11.1?topic=details-maintaining-password-information

I get the same error if I use the following version of the IBM Db2 connect statement

connect to database_name USER my_user change password

Thank You

1 Comment

Hi Michael,

This is unfortunately not yet supported. We have received a few requests and realize that this is a useful feature, I will add your vote for it. 

Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Kind Regards, 

Peer

---
Peer Törngren
DbVis Software
Stockholm, Sweden

Our products help over 24,500 customers in 144 countries

Login or Signup to post a comment