Start a new topic

DB Vis uninstall failing

HI,

we are in the process of upgrading the DB Visualizer v 11.0.7 in our organization. The previous version uninstall is failing with error "The JVM could not be started. The maximum heap size (-Xmx) might be too large or an antivirus or firewall tool could block the execution.” I was assuming that dbvis.vmoptions file is causing the issue. I completely removed this file before stating the uninstallation. It didn't work either. We use Microsoft SCCM deployment tool to deploy it across the firm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

This looks like a bug that we need to look into. I've created a ticket and sent an email with some follow-up questions.

As a workaround, it should be possible to manually uninstall the old version and then installing the new version in the same location, but we will of course look into this matter.

Regards / Peer

Yes. Manually we can able to uninstall the old version and installs the new version at the same location. But we need to deploy it to over 1000 machines. Please find the attached log file.

log

Hi Peer,

Did you able to see the log file. Please let me know if you need anything.

Login or Signup to post a comment