Start a new topic

Oracle TNS by LDAP

Hej

I started a new job and in that company the tns resolution is done by LDAP. I DbVis capable of doing so too?

>tnsping d52hpx

TNS Ping Utility for 64-bit Windows: Version 19.0.0.0.0 - Production on 14-SEP-2022 15:54:35

Copyright (c) 1997, 2021, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Parameterdateien verwendet:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\Network\Admin\sqlnet.ora

Adapter LDAP zur Aufl÷sung des Alias verwendet
Verbindungsversuch mit (DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_TIMEOUT=120)(RETRY_COUNT=20)(RETRY_DELAY=3)(TRANSPORT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT=3 sec)(ADDRESS_LIST=(LOAD_BALANCE=on)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=he22-scan.pnet.ch)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=D52HPX_SVC.WORLD)))
OK (0 ms)

Kind regards

Thiemo

Hi Thiemo,

LDAP is not specifically supported by DbVisualizer, but you should be able to connect using LDAP if you use a suitable driver (eg such as the one from CDATA). 
As specified in the Users Guide section on security, we will do our best to assist even if LDAP is more about the JDBC driver than DbVisualizer.

Please note that these links are provided at your convenience.
DbVisualizer is not affiliated with any of these organizations and the information has not been verified by the DbVisualizer team. 

Kind Regards, 

Peer

---
Peer Törngren
DbVis Software
Stockholm, Sweden

Our products help over 25,000 customers in 145 countries

Hej Thiemo,

Thanks for the clarification.  This is not something we support at the moment, but it sounds like it could be a useful feature. I will register the request and bring it up for discussion; we may return with a request for more detailed information.

Kind Regards, 

Peer

---
Peer Törngren
DbVis Software
Stockholm, Sweden

Our products help over 25,000 customers in 145 countries

Login or Signup to post a comment