Start a new topic

Organisation of the database connection dropdown

Hej

I would love the connection drop down box be organised equal to the connections of the node tree. Even better would be a combination, when active connections get on top of the list still (like a copy or link), i.e. they would actually be listed twice, once on top and once in the tree where they are found in the node tree. If the latter is not possible, one ideally should be able to switch between the behaviours by a setting.

Kind regards

Thiemo

Thiemo,

Can you please clarify the use case and what raised this idea? Lets say you have 5 connections:

Two of them, 2 and 5 are connected. With the new request this would end up with the following list:

2 (Connected)

5 (Connected)

2 (Connected)

5 (Connected)

How would you benefit from this content? Wouldn't this be rather confusing having the same database connection multiple times?

Regards

Roger

Hej Roger

Thanks for getting at this so quickly. I hope following picture makes my idea clearer.

If the nodes are expandable, all the better but if they are fully expanded all the time, just as well.

Kind regards

Thiemo

Thiemo,

Aha, so you are looking to see the tree in the Database Connection drop exactly as it is presented in the Databases tab?

Regards

Roger

Quite so, when looking for a specific connection, it would be nice to apply the same principles to both "lists".

Kind regards

Thiemo

Login or Signup to post a comment