Start a new topic

[Object metadata] Auto polling

Hej

I would appreciate if there was an option to set auto polling or focus polling maybe of meta data of objects.

Metadata

Examples:

• Status/validity of packages
  • Code of procedures

• Table definitions

Auto polling

There is a backgroud process that collects the visible metadata of objects in lowest priority and updates the representation thereof.

Focus polling

When an item gets selected a process polls the last metadata relevant to the display of the now selected object.

Examples

• If the constraints item of a table in the database object tree gets selected and this item is unfolded the list of constraints gets refreshed.
  • If I select the tab of a view and the info pane is visible, its data gets refreshed.
  • If I select the tab of a function and the function editor pane is selected the code gets refreshed unless the code has been changed and not committed. In that case, it would be cool if one gets asked what to do like with files.

Control of the options

I would have a radio button pair to switch on and off. Then I would have a set of check boxes to switch on/off auto polling and focus polling. And I would have a means of selection of data to exclude from the polling e.g. row counts.

Hälsningar

Thiemo

Hi Thiemo,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll open a ticket and we'll review it.

Ha en bra helg!

Regards

Roger

Hej Roger

Tusend takk.

Thiemo

Login or Signup to post a comment