Start a new topic
Implemented

[Reconnect sessions] buffer master password

Hej

I often put my laptop to sleep or it otherwise looses the connection to the DBs. I, naturally, "reconnect all" in such cases, and I always get asked for the master password. This is independent of loss of DB connection. A "reconnect all" always makes me ask for the master password. I do not see the point in doing so.

I believe this is behaviour is due to following option being set.

I would appreciate if a reconnect was considered atomic instead of:

1. Close all connections
  2. Check whether there is an open connection
  3. Ask for the master password if there is no open connection and the option is set accordingly.
  4. Connect.

one could

1. Check for an open connection.
  2. "Buffer" master password
  3. Close connections
  4. Open connections

Hälsningar

Thiemo

Hej Thiemo, 

The files are in the correct location but it looks like something went wrong when trying to access them.

Unfortunately the log does not contain enough information, but I think it could be possible to get more information if you make DbVisualizer believe that it is running in developer mode.

To do this, in 14.0.2 go to Tools -> Tool Properties -> General and specify an overridden Java VM property 

-Ddbvis.isdevenv=true
Then upgrade to 14.0.3. You should get new logs with more information which you can upload here and we will check if we can get some more useful information.

Hälsningar,

Johan

Hej Johan

Hope, you had a nice weekend.

I did as you told and you'll find the logs attached.

(14.3 KB)

Hit the send button too early.

Hälsningar

Thiemo

log
(23 Bytes)
(14.3 KB)

Hej Thiemo,

I am sorry, but there seems to be a typo in your JVM property, it should be 

-Ddbvis.isdevenv=true but in your log I see that 
-Ddbvis.idevenv=true is set without the s.

Hälsningar,

Johan

I am awefully sorry. Next try.

log
(23 Bytes)
(18 KB)
(18 KB)

Hej Thiemo,

I see the following exception in the log: "Das im Analysepunktpuffer vorhandene Kennzeichen ist ungültig", which seems to be an error related to the OneDrive application.

A description of the problem and some possible solutions can be found here: https://www.itexperience.net/fix-onedrive-the-tag-present-in-the-reparse-point-buffer-is-invalid/

Hälsningar,

Johan

Hej Johan

Thanks for the hint. It helped with respect to broken connections, but I still have to enter the master password on a reconnect all. I noticed that I had to enter the master password twice on startup (auto connections). I can imagine that this is because of a locked account (still strange).

Hälsningar

Thiemo

log
(23 Bytes)
(366 KB)
(366 KB)

Hej Thiemo,

That does sound strange, am I understanding you correctly that one of the connections has a locked account and will fail to reconnect every time, while the other connections connect successfully?

Hälsningar,

Johan

You understood perfectly well.

I am not sure that at the very first time, I reported, the reconnect would still ask for the master password (see somewhere far above), the account was locked already.

Do you see the asking for the password in my logs?

Hej Thiemo, 

I have spent some time looking into this, it seems that having reconnect all enabled for a broken connection does not work properly with the new logic. 

(The temporary workaround should be to fix the broken connection or disable reconnect all for that connection)

I have created a bug report for this.

Hälsningar,

Johan

1 person likes this

Hej Johan

Thanks for caring. :-)

Hälsningar

Thiemo

Hej Thiemo,

Just wanted to let you know that this is fixed in 23.1. Thanks for reporting it!

Hälsningar,

Dmitry

Hej all

Thanks for letting me know.

Hälsningar

Thiemo

Login or Signup to post a comment