Start a new topic

Directly export or import a table or tables to or from another database.

Please add the following feature. Directly export or import a table or tables to or from another database. Currently you can only import or export data via CSV or Excel files. I have to subscribe to DataGrip from JetBrains in order to use this feature. I only use DataGrip for this feature as I have to import and export data tables from and to Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL databases all the time.

1 Comment

Hi,

DbVisualizer doesn't currently support database-to-database exports, but it's a feature that has been suggested in the past. I have added your vote for the feature and will bring it up with the team.

In the meantime, DbVisualizer Pro supports exporting tables to SQL scripts, which could then be run in another database. However, when doing this across different database types, some manual editing of the script may be needed to compensate for the differences in syntax etc. between the different databases.

All three of the databases you list support the Export Table dialog (Right-click on the table and select Export Table...) where you can export the table structure, data, and/or indices as SQL code to a file or SQL Commander; see the attached screenshots.

The commands @ddl and @export (also in DbVisualizer Pro) can also be used to generate SQL code from the structure and data of an existing table.

Cheers

- Tomas

Login or Signup to post a comment