Start a new topic

Auto completion not populating table name or column names

Auto completion not populating table name or column names.

is there a way to display each query result in a new window ?

is it possible I can group the sql command under one tab for each database

1 Comment

Hi Abrar!

See my answers below

Auto completion not populating table name or column names

Answer: Generally when having problems with auto completion we need some additional details regarding this.

Perfect would be 

• DDL for the tables involved 
  • The SQL being used in the autocomplete along with the position of the cursor in the SQL. Use a special character to indicate where the cursor is. See the
    example below where I have indicated the cursor after the SELECT as a ^ cg´haracter
        SELECT ^ FROM ACTOR WHERE id = 1;
  • Also what you would expect from the auto complete.

Please issue a specific support request for this. Preferably through Help -> Contact Support as this also shows us which database is used and other details affecting auto completion.
Also, best of all would be if you'd enable DbVisualizer debug (enabled Tools->Debug Window and the Debug tab ) and do the autocompletion. Then use Help->Contact Support in DbVisualizer to send the log file to us (make sure that Attach Logs is checked)

is there a way to display each query result in a new window ?

Answer: If you mean that each result set produced should pop up as a separate window this is not possible. I will add this as an improvement request.
As a workaround you may drag the result tab to form a new window. 

is it possible I can group the sql command under one tab for each database

Answer: Just to be sure, do you mean something like tab groups in google chrome? Any details on this would be great.

Kind regards, 

Ulf

Login or Signup to post a comment