Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 24.2 new UI

Hi, 

I'm using DbVisualizer for quite some years and saw several UI changes. This time the changes to the toolbar are really boring. 

In the past it took me one click to open a new SQL commander window. Now I have to click on a button and then select from a menu. I appreciate to save space in a very crowded toolbar, but here the number of buttons was reduced from 10 to 9 and the functions combined at the + button don't really have much in common (SQL Commander, Connections and Workspace). 

On the other side there is still a button to open a file and a button to open a file quickly. In the file menu there is a third option to open recent files. All these things are really inconsistent. 

I would be really great to get back the button to create a new SQL commander window. 

There is also no need to save some space in the toolbar. This is how it looks on my side: 

Maybe it may make more sense to group buttons more visible. 

Best regards

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

You are not the only one to comment on this ... we are looking into the matter and hope to address the issue in the near future.

Thanks for taking the time to report this!

Regards / Peer

Herbert,

Just to inform that DbVisualizer 24.2.1 is now released fixing:

• The Windows header background now adjusts with the theme selected in DbVisualizer.
  • The Save As button is back in the main toolbar and in the SQL Commander sub toolbar.
  • To open a new SQL Commander in the main window click the left part of the "+" button.
To upgrade open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer. An alternative is that you download from our website: https://www.dbvis.com/download/

Regards

Roger

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment