Start a new topic

"Create monitor Count Data Monitor" rules for availability

Hej

Again, I am using outdated 14.0.4 so my issue might be outdated too.

I noticed that for some query results, I get the context menue item mentioned in the topic, for other I don't. I wonder whether there is a rule for that like "one cannot have joins in the query" or "must contain less than 20 lines".

Cheers

Thiemo

Menue item available

Not available

Hej Peer

Thanks for taking this issue on. I am not sure, when I can test on the latest version of DbVis.

Cheers

Thiemo

Hi Thiemo,

As far as I can tell, there is no such limitation. The only condition is that you need to be connected to the database, and the behavior hasn't changed in a long time. Furthermore, this rules only apply to the "enabled" state of the command; it should be present but disabled if you're not connected. I cannot find any reported issue resembling this, and it is kind of hard to backtrack all code changes to see if there was some issue in older versions.

If you can see the same inconsistency in the current version, please report it with an example that we can investigate.

Kind regards, 
Peer
--
Peer Törngren
DbVis Software AB

Sorry, I had problems to create the topic, so this is duplicated by https://support.dbvis.com/support/discussions/topics/1000120337. Please ignore the latter one and reply in the this one.

In fact, there might turn up a third attempt.

Login or Signup to post a comment