Start a new topic

DBVis 6 Code completion color scheme

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

When using the Windows or Windows Classic look and feels in DBVis6, the selected item in the code completion window is obscured by dark blue. Is there a way to change this and still use the Windows L&F?

I'm using WinXP, JDK1.5_07

See screenshot...

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Re: DBVis 6 Code completion color scheme
Yale, I have tried DbVis 6 both with Java 1.5 and Java 1.6 and the background is blue but the text is black so it can be read properly (even though the contrast could be better). I cannot reproduce not being able to see the text at all. Are you using a non standard Windows theme? See attached screenshot. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger!

I changed the Windows Appearance settings and that fixed it.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

The problem is, that DBVis uses the background color from the Windows appearance settings but not the text color. That leads to (nearly) unreadable text whenever the settings for selection are dark background/light text color (as in the windows default and in many other themes...) I think, DBVis should use BOTH settings to get rid of this... ;-) Bye, Peter
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Peter, This is fixed in the next 6.0.2 version. Expect it later today or tomorrow. Thanks! Regards Roger